2009/11/29

Gothic Lolita : Princesses d'aujour'hui


Today I found something interesting. As I'm writing my master paper about the gothic & lolita fashion style, I'm very interested in any kind of gothic & lolita related stuff. Because it's about the original Japanese fashion style, I'm not really allowed to write something about the gothic & lolita culture outside of Japan - except for the introduction!

I'm quite surprised how many oversea people are fans of the gothic & lolita fashion style. Especially in France and Paris, there seems to be a huge scene! (At least, the famous label BTSSB opened the first oversea shop in Paris)
So, the interesting thing I found is a book called
Gothic Lolita : Princesses d'aujour'hui

As I can't read French very well, I just can guess... a very cute illustration book about a Gothic Lolita living in France. I really wonder why there are so many fans of Gothic & Lolita fashion outside, they also published an English version of the Gothic & Lolita Bible!

So many Japanese and oversea fans and so little academic literature about that topic! Why is fashion always supposed to be trivial? I'm not that fashion maniac, but I really like to see Japanese street fashion, gothic lolita fashion and other crazy fashion styles. Fashion doeshave an enormous impact on our daily life, our way of thinking, our sense for aesthetic ... and Japanese street fashion is now known world wide..

I don't know any research papers about gothic & lolita fashion, no Japanese studies scholar seems to be interested in that 'trivial' topic, and if they casually write some lines about gothic & lolita fashion, the quality sucks. I try my best to write a very good academic thesis about that crazy fashion style, which came out of the streets of Harajuku! (^_^)

2 Kommentare:

  1. I'm sure u be able to write a good thesis. (^^)

    I think that just the people who are a little bit interested in fashion really know how much impact fashion really has. If they aren't really interested in it, they aren't really aware of the importance about it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. thanks, I'll give my best!

    that might be the reason, and I think that an interest in fashion is always going to be judged as 'trivial' and 'superficial'

    AntwortenLöschen